Saturday, April 26, 2008

my new toy



yay me!!!

every year for my FABULOUS birthday my in-laws give me money...yay them...so i can pick the perfect gift for myself. this year i took part of it and bought an AWESOME bike trailer. this may seem like a strange thing to by for my perfect present but consider this...



christmas 2006 my dear husband got me a great mountain bike so i could ride on the tow-path along the delaware canal, well a year and a half later the bike has sprouted cob webs and the tires have deflated!!! all because we have 3 little girls who cannot ride a bike for more than a house. not that that is a bad thing but they are to little to go any distance, so we are STUCK! we love, love, love the jog stroller but lets be honest some times you just want something different.

this puppy seats 2 (up to 100lbs) and handles like a dream (did i really say that?!?!?) we hooked it up to my bike today and babies 2 and 3 hopped in and away we went.

oh the freedom!!! of course daddy still needs to be around to keep an eye on one of the kids, but it was so nice to be able to get some exercise, and have 2 of the girls out in the fresh air!!!

it really was a pleasure to use and very simple, i never wanted one of those bike seats...they scare me and even more since two summers ago i was driving down the road and saw a woman with her bike on the ground and a toddler in the seat, i stopped because i was so worried about them and she had apparently lost control of the bike and crashed, thank god the little girl had a helmet on!

maybe if i ever get the chance i can pop up some hot little pics of me and my crew out for a cruise!!!

have a FABULOUS friday!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great gift! It is funny I found this because I was just talking to my sister today asking where to get one of them from. Do you mind me asking where you got it from?

I have 2 small children and I am not comfortable putting them in the seats that sit on the back of a bike.