Sunday, February 24, 2008

wa ter u doing

I recently saw my favorite weather guy, Sam Champion, on Good Morning America do a story on bottled water and I found it very interesting. We all know plastics take forever to breakdown, if they ever do and I am sure you can only imagine the number of plastic water bottles that go into the landfills each day, but what i really found fascinating was that fact that most people drink bottled water because we believe it's "safer." I knew many vitamins and minerals were removed in the distilling, purifying, etc process but did you know that the FDA oversees the production of bottled water, NOT the EPA as they do for public tap water? The EPA has much stricter standrards for public water safety than the FDA has for bottled and the FDA does not even oversee much production unless it crosses state lines, which many do not.

I decided for my family we are going to reuse bottles with our own tap water and check out these CUTE finds!!!

These little guys will make the PERFECT party favor for my sons birthday, the boys being so active with sports, climbing trees and general boys things i know their mamas will appreciate it

If you would like to read more on this topic check out this great site:

http://www.fastcompany.com/

To find these awesome earth/kid friendly product check out:

nalgene

No comments: